Professor George Vithoulkas
George Vithoulkas is a Greek Professor of Homeopathic Medicine who is recognized around the world as the personality who re-established homeopathy in the 20th century.
He set scientific standards on the theory and practice of homeopathy, trained thousands of homeopaths and medical doctors and many of the world’s best known classical homeopaths.
George Vithoulkas is today Honorary Professor at the University of the Aegean, Greece, Honorary Professor at the State Medical University of Chuvash Republic (Russia), Honorary Professor at the All-Russia Scientific Research Center for Restorative and Resort Medicine of the Ministry of Health of Russian Federation, Honorary Professor of the National Educational Centre for Traditional and Complementary Medicine (Russia), Honorary Professor at the Kiev Medical Academy, Honorary Professor of PHEE “Kyiv Medical University”, Honorary Professor at Dnipro Medical Institute of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (Ukraine), Honorary Professor of Dnipro Institute of Medicine and Public Health (Ukraine), Collaborating Professor at the Basque Medical University (2001-2004), Doctor Honoris Causa of “Dr. Viktor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Timisoara (Romania) and Doctor Honoris Causa of “Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Cluj-Napoca (Romania). Also, he is Senior Associate Member of Royal Society of Medicine, UK.
Distinctions & Organizations
World Health Organization
In 1980, George Vithoulkas was invited by the World Health Organization to write the first article on homeopathy for the book, Traditional Medicine, published by WHO, as well as the main article in the round table discussion for WHO’s scientific magazine, the World Health Forum  journal.
Alternative Nobel Prize
He was honoured with the Right Livelihood Award (also known as Alternative Nobel Prize, www.rightlivelihood.org) “…for his outstanding contribution to the revival of homeopathic knowledge and the training of homeopaths to the highest standards” . The United Nations (Development Forum) consider this award “Among the world’s most prestigious awards”.
In 1996, he was invited by the European Parliament to explain the position of homeopathy and after his presentation the European Parliament voted in favour of homeopathy.
11th June, 1999
On 11th June, 1999, George Vithoulkas was requested by the Council of Europe to make a day- long presentation on homeopathic medicine (as part of their evaluation of alternative therapeutic methods) before the Social, Health and Family Affairs Committee. The text that was published thereafter mentions his receipt of the Alternative Nobel Prize and refers to his categorization of the various alternative methods.
In 2000, George Vithoulkas was honoured with the Gold Medal of the Hungarian Republic, by the country’s President, Arpad Goncz, for his work in the homeopathic medicine .
Minister of Health
In 2000, George Vithoulkas was awarded by the Minister of Health in India with the Gold Medal as the “Homeopath of the Millennium”.
2nd World Congress
In 2008, Prof. George Vithoulkas was invited as an honorary speaker to express his views on homeopathy in an opening speech at the “2nd World Congress on Controversies in Neurology (CONy)”. In his speech, entitled “Is Homeopathy a Science?”, George Vithoulkas reported on the impressive developments in homeopathy over the past fifteen years. He described the basic principles of homeopathy and stressed that clinical experience of thousands of homeopaths worldwide on treating chronic diseases has led to the conclusion that homeopathy is classed as an “Evidence Based Medicine ”.
In 2012, he was honored with the Honorary Award of National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education in Ukraine named after P.L.Shupyk” (George Vithoulkas – Honorary Professor, a distinguished scholar and teacher).
The Educational Program
The Educational Program of the International Academy of Classical Homeopathy has been adopted by various Universities
a. State Autonomous Institution of the Chuvash Republic Supplementary Vocational Education “The Postgraduate Doctors’ Training Institute” of Health Care Ministry of the Chuvash Republic (Russia)- Postgraduate Educational Program in Classical Homeopathy for Medical Doctors
b. National Educational Center for Traditional and Complementary Medicine (Russia) – Postgraduate Educational Program in Classical Homeopathy for Medical Doctors, Dentists and Veterinary Doctors
c. Medical School of Moscow State University of Food Production (Russia) – Postgraduate Educational Program in CLassical Homeopathy for Medical Doctors, Dentists and Veterinary Doctors
d. PHEE “Kyiv Medical University” – Postgraduate Educational Program in Classical Homeopathy for Medical Doctors, Dentists and Veterinary Doctors.
e. P. L. Shupik National Medical Academy of Post Graduate Education (Ukraine) – in compliance with the Order of Ministry of Public Health of Ukraine – Postgraduate Educational Program in Classical Homeopathy for Medical Doctors and Pharmacists
f. Aegean University of Greece – Postgraduate Educational Program in Classical Homeopathy for Medical Doctors and Dentistse.
g. Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Cali, Colombia – A Postgraduate Course for Medical Doctors and Dentists and students of these schools
h. Academia Medico Homeopatica de Barcelona, Spain – A Postgraduate Course for Medical Doctors and Dentists
The E-Learning Program has been officially accredited on the 13th April2017 by the Health Council, Ministry of Health Serbia, under number A -742/17 as a national course first category.
And the E-Learning Course has been fully accredited by the Australian Register of Homeopaths (AROH) https://www.aroh.com.au/Accredited-Courses
“Homeopathy-Medicine of the New Man” (1st Edition 1970 by Arco USA, 21 editions after this)
“Homeopathy-Medicine for the New Millennium” (Published by International Academy of Classical Homeopathy, 2003)
“The Science of Homeopathy” (Published by Grove Press, 1980, USA, several editions)
“The Levels of Health” (the second volume of “The Science of Homeopathy”, Published by International Academy of Classical Homeopathy, 2010)
“Materia Medica Viva” (13 volumes–Homeopathic Pharmacology–Published by International Academy of Classical Homeopathy, starting 1993, in process)
“A New Model for Health and Disease” (Published by North Atlantic Books, USA, 1986)
“Talks on Classical Homeopathy” (Published by B. Jain Publishers, India, 1988)
“Essence of Materia Medica” (Published by International Academy of Classical Homeopathy, 1988)
“Classical Homeopathy for Anxiety and Jealousy” (Published by Urs Maurer, Switzerland, 2001)
“Homeopathic Conference Esalen” (1st Edition in English, 1980)
“The Bern Seminar” (Published by Ulrich Burgdorf, Switzerland, 1987)
“The Celle Seminars” (Published by Ulrich Burgdorf, Switzerland, 1992)
“The Basic Ideas of Homeopathy” (Published by Ianos, Greece, 2008 – Best Seller for 9 months)
“Homeopathy, The Great Challenge in Medicine” (Published by Livanis, Greece, 2008)
“The Basic Principles of Homeopathy” (e-Book by I-Tunes-Apple and Kindle- Amazon, 2014, in English language)
His books have been translated into thirty-three (33) languages. Most of his books, in various languages, are mentioned in the NLM Catalog (National Library of Medicine, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov). Some of the most well known libraries that host his books are “The Library of Congress”, “The British Library”, “Harvard University Library”, “Cambridge University Library”, “Stanford University Library”, “The Library of Université Catholique de Louvain”, “The Karolinska Instituet Library”, “WHO Library” (World Health Organisation), “The Berkeley Library”, “Die Deutsche Bibliothek”.
George Vithoulkas’ most important Articles, to be found in peer-reviewed journals, are the following
1. The “continuum” of a unified theory of diseases, Medical Science Monitor, 2010; 16(2): SR715, G Vithoulkas, S Carlino
2. How Can Healthier Children Be Born? A Hypothesis on How to Create a Better Human Race, Med Sci Hypotheses 2017; 4: 38-46, G Vithoulkas, S Mahesh
3. The Spin of Electrons and the Proof for the Action of Homeopathic Remedies, Journal of Medicine and Life 2020; Vol. 13, Issue 3, G Vithoulkas, C Berghian-Grosan
4. Psoriasis cases of same diagnosis but different phenotypes—Management through individualized homeopathic therapy, Clinical Case Reports, Wiley, 2019, DOI: 10.1002/ccr3.2197 , S Mahesh, V Shah, M Mallappa, G Vithoulkas and the abstract video of the paper: https://vimeo.com/340499223
5. Homeopathic Treatment of Vitiligo: A Report of Fourteen Cases, Am J Cases Rep 2017 Dec 2; 18: 1273-1283, S Mahesh, M Mallappa, D Tsintzas, G Vithoulkas
6. Improvements in long standing cardiac pathologies by individualized homeopathic remedies: a case series, SAGE Open Med Case Rep. 2018 Aug 9;6:2050313X18792813, L Tenzera, B Djindjic, O Mihajlovic-Elez, BJ Pulparampil, S Mahesh, G Vithoulkas
7. Levels of Health Theory with the Example of a Case of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, J Evid Based Integr Med. 2018 Jan-Dec;23:2515690X18777995, D Chabanov, D Tsintzas, G Vithoulkas
8. Heterotopic Ossification in a 7-year-old female patient treated with individualized homeopathy: A case report, Clinical Case Reports, Wiley, 2019, DOI: 10.1002/ccr3.2547, D Tsintzas, A Jaggi, L Jaggi, S Mahesh, G Vithoulkas
9. Individualised Homeopathic Therapy in ANCA Negative Rapidly Progressing Necrotising Crescentic Glomerulonephritis with Severe Renal Insufficiency – A Case Report, J Med Life. 2019 Jan-Mar; 12(1): 49–55, doi: 10.25122/jml-2019-0001, S Mahesh, L Jaggi, A Jaggi, D Tsintzas, G Vithoulkas
10. An innovative proposal for scientific alternative medical journals, J Med Life 2017 Jul-Sep; 10(3): 197-199, G Vithoulkas
11. Ebryomal Carcinoma with immature Teratoma: a Homeopathic Case Report, Complement Med Res. 2017 Oct 30. doi: 10.1159/000481819, S Mahesh, M Mahesh, G Vithoulkas
12. Can Homeopathy, a Particularly Mild Therapeutic Approach, Survive and Grow in a World of Violence?, Homeopathy, 2020 May 14. doi: 10.1055/s-0040-1710020, G Vithoulkas
13. Multimorbidity after Surgical Menopause Treated with Individualized Classical Homeopathy: A Case Report, Clinical Medicine Insights: Case Reports, 2020 October 19, doi: 10.1177/1179547620965560, S Mahesh, T Denisova, L Gerasimova, N Pakhmutova, M Mallappa, G Vithoulkas
14. Antimonium crudum in pediatric skin conditions: A classical homeopathic case series, Clinical Case Reports, Wiley, 2020, doi: 10.1002/ccr3.3674, S Mahesh, T Kozymenko, N Kolomiiets, G Vithoulkas
15. Homeopathic treatment for prolonged postoperative coma: a case report, J Med Life 2017 Apr-Jun; 10(2):118-121, G Vithoulkas, V Văcăraș, J Kavouras, AD Buzoianu, M Mărginean, D Văcăraș, S Cozma
16. Homeopathic Treatment for Postpartum Depression, J Evid Based Complementary Altern Med. 2016 Jan 1:2156587216682168. doi: 10.1177/2156587216682168, V Văcăraş, G Vithoulkas, AD Buzoianu, I Mărginean, Z Major, V Văcăraș, RD Nicoară, M Oberbaum
17. Individualized Homeopathic Therapy in a Case of Obesity, Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding, and Autonomic Dystonia, Am J Case Rep 2018; 19:1474-1479: DOI: 10.12659/AJCR.913328, T G Denisova, L I Gerasimova, N L. Pakhmutova, S Mahesh, G Vithoulkas
18. Treatment of Postoperative Sore Throat With the Aid of the Homeopathic Remedy Arnica montana: A Report of Two Cases, J Evid Based Complementary Altern Med. 2017 Nov https://doi.org/10.1177/2156587217735986, D Tsintzas, G Vithoulkas
19. Individualized Treatment of Bone Marrow Edema of the Knee With the Aid of Classical Homeopathy: A Report of 2 Cases, SAGE Publishing and Clinical Medicine Insights: Case Reports, 2020 Feb 12, doi.org/10.1177/1179547620904896 , D Tsintzas, G Vithoulkas
20. Myasthenia gravis therapy with individualized homeopathy: A case report, Clinical Case Reports, Wiley, 2020, doi.org/10.1002/ccr3.3190, V Vacaras, C Nistor, I Rahovan, C Vacaras, G Vithoulkas
21. Serious mistakes in meta-analysis of homeopathic research, J Med Life 2017 Jan-Mar;10(1):47-49, G Vithoulkas
22. The controversy over the “Memory of Water”, Med Sci Hypotheses 2017; 4:1-6, G Vithoulkas
23. Homeoprophylaxis, the Great Misunderstanding, Homœopathic Links 2016; 29(02): 111-112, G Vithoulkas
24. A Placebo-Controlled Double-Blind Randomized Trial with Individualized Homeopathic Treatment Using a Symptom Cluster Approach in Women with Premenstrual Syndrome, Homeopathy, 2019; 108(04): 256-269, doi: 10.1055/s-0039-1691834, M Yakir, C T Klein-Laansma, S Kreitler, A Brzezinski, M Oberbaum, G Vithoulkas, Z Bentwich
25. Assessing Human Health-Correlation of Autoimmune Diseases with Chemically Suppressed Acute Infections of Patient’s Past Medical History, Journal of Autoimmune Diseases and Rheumatology, DOI: https://doi.org/10.12970/2310-9874.2017.05.06, S Kivellos, S Mahesh, G Vithoulkas
26. Opinions about studying non-conventional medicine, European Journal of Integrative Medicine, 2015. Vol. 7. Suppl. 1: 42, R Jurcau, I Jurcau, G Vithoulkas
27. Fracture treatment with the aid of the homeopathic remedy Symphytum officinale. A report of four cases. Clin Case Rep Rev 1: doi: 10.15761/CCRR.1000234, D Tsintzas, G Vithoulkas
28. The Posology and Doses of Remedies Used by Hahnemann in His Provings, Homoeopathic Links, 2015; 28(3):190-194, S Simadopoulou, G Vithoulkas
29. Gangrene: Five case studies of gangrene, preventing amputation through Homoeopathic therapy, Indian Journal of Research in Homeopathy 2015; 9(2): 114-122, S Mahesh, M Malappa, G Vithoulkas
30. Correlation of Medical Anamnesis with Current Disease in Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Receiving Hemodialysis: A Retrospective Study of Causative and Exacerbating Factors from Homeopathic Point of View, International Archives of Medicine, 2015; Vol. 8, No 150, S Nikitopoulou, S Kachrilas, S Kyvellos, G Papafilippou, G Vithoulkas
31. Homeopathy for infertility treatment: a case series, Clinical and Experimental Obstetrics and Gynecology 2014;41(2):158-9, T Kalampokas, S Botis, A Kedikgianni-Antoniou, D Papamethodiou, S Kivellos, V Papadimitriou, G Salvanos, N Paparistidis, I Gavaris, C Sofoudis, E Kalampokas, G Farmakides, G Vithoulkas
32. Conscience and Consciousness: a definition, J Med Life. 2014 Mar 15;7(1):104-8. Epub 2014 Mar 25, G Vithoulkas, D Muresanu
33. Clinical trial of homeopathy in rheumatoid arthritis, Letter to the Editor, Homeopathy (2011) 100, 300, G Vithoulkas
34. Debate: British media attacks on homeopathy: Are they justified? Homeopathy, Volume 97, Number 2, April 2008, Pages 103-106, G Vithoulkas
35. True but strange? Nature, 1996 Oct 3;383(6599):383, G Vithoulkas
36. Debate: Homeopathy and chronic headache, Homeopathy, Volume 91, Issue 3, July 2002, Pages 186-188, G Vithoulkas.
37. Homeopathic treatment of chronic headache: a critique, Homeopathy, Volume 91, Issue 1, January 2002, Pages 32-34, G Vithoulkas
38. The need for the correct sequence of remedies, Homeopathy, Volume 91, Issue 1, January 2002, Pages 40-42, G Vithoulkas
39. A proving of Thiosinamine, British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 90, Issue 3, July 2001, Page 172, G Vithoulkas
40. The question of the “constitutional remedy”, British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 87, Issue 3, July 1998, Pages 145-147, G Vithoulkas
41. Medically qualified vs NMQ homoeopaths, British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 86, Issue 1, January 1997, Pages 37-38, G Vithoulkas
42. As good as gold? British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 85, Issue 1, January 1996, Page 39, G Vithoulkas
43. Obstacles to homoeopathic treatment, British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 85, Issue 1, January 1996, Page 42, G Vithoulkas
44. Health and disease in homoeopathic philosophy, British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 84, Issue 3, July 1995, Pages 179-180, G Vithoulkas
45. Homoeopathy: past, present and future, British Journal Clin. Pharmacol. 1998, Jun;45(6):613, G Vithoulkas
46. Answer to the review of my book “The Science of Homeopathy”, British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 68, Issue 4, October 1979, Pages 233-238, G Vithoulkas
47. The necessity for an inner preparation of the classical homeopath, Simillimum, 2005, Volume 19, Pages 117-122, G Vithoulkas
48. The colour of the homeopathic improvement: The multidimensional nature of the response to homeopathic therapy, Homeopathy, Volume 94, Issue 3, July 2005, Pages 196-199, M. Oberbaum, SR Singer, G Vithoulkas
49. Effects of homeopathic treatment in women with premenstrual syndrome: a pilot study, British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 90, Issue 3, July 2001, Pages 148-153, M Yakir, S Kreitler, A Bzrezinski, G Vithoulkas, M Oberbaum, Z Bentwich
50. Homoeopathic treatment of premenstrual syndrome: a pilot study, British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 84, Issue 3, July 1995, Pages 182-183, M Yakir, S Kreitler, M Oberbaum, A Bzizinsky, G Vithoulkas, Z Bentwich
51. Perspectives of research in homoeopathy 1987-1994, British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 84, Issue 3, July 1995, Pages 176-177, Z Bentwich, M Oberbaum, Z Weisman, N Harpaz, D Rothman, G Vithoulkas
52. A working hypothesis for homoeopathic microdiluted remedies, British Homoeopathic Journal, Volume 81, Issue 1, January 1992, Page 67, GS Anagnostatos, G Vithoulkas, P Garzonis, C Tavouxoglou
53. Reinventing the wheel? Or the emperor’s new clothes, J Altern Complement Med. 2003 Oct;9(5):613-5, M Oberbaum, G Vithoulkas, R van Haselen, S Singer
54. Clinical trials of classical homeopathy: reflections on appropriate research designs, J Altern Complement Med 2003 Feb;9(1):105-11. Review, M Oberbaum, G Vithoulkas, R van Haselen.
In the prestigious “Papyros Larousse-Britannica ” encyclopedia, in a three column article, he is portrayed as “leader homeopath, one of the most famous reformers of homeopathy during the twentieth century, the man who infused homeopathy with new ideas on a scientific base”. His work is mentioned in “Who’s Who in the World”, (18th edition, p.2293).
His name is also mentioned in the website Better World Heroes (www.betterworldheroes.com ), among approximately one thousand personalities whose work influenced or helped humanity.
 http://www.rightlivelihood.org/vithoulkas.html, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlFbGuTiRA8
 World Health Forum, Round Table: Homeopathy Today, “Homeopathy, A therapy for the future?”, George Vithoulkas, WHO, Geneva, Vol.4, No2, 1983.
 Encyclopedia Papyros Larousse Britannica, Greek edition, volume 15, page 396.